Travelling to Thailand
International flights are available into Thailand at various airports such as Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK), Phuket International Airport (HKT), Chiang Mai International Airport(CNX), and on our neighboring island, Koh Samui International Airport (USM.)
Getting to Koh Tao
There are many ways to get to Koh Tao. The quickest way to get to Koh Tao is to fly internationally into BKK (Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi Airport) or USM (Koh Samui International Airport.) From USM, take the Lompraya Catamaran Ferry to Koh Tao.
There are many other ways to get to Koh Tao. A lot of travelers prefer to use 12Go.asia to book transfers and ferries. As always, feel free to send us a message and we can help you find your way to us.
After two years of dealing with Covid, international travel is returning to normal. To help welcome visitors back to the Land of Smiles, the Thai government lifted its final restrictions on July 1st, 2022.
From July 1st, the following changes have been implemented for all international travelers.
- Foreigners do not need to show proof of Covid Insurance.
- All mandatory hotel quarantine has been removed.
- Thailand Pass is no longer required for foreign travelers entering Thailand.
- Vaccinated travelers do not need to provide proof of vaccination to Thai authorities before arriving.
- Unvaccinated travelers (including children traveling with unvaccinated parents) will need to complete an RT-PCR or Professional Antigen Test (Pro-ATK) 72 hours before departing for Thailand. Proof does not need to be uploaded before traveling.
- Airlines and Thai Immigration will do random checks to confirm travelers meet Covid prevention requirements (vaccination or Covid test).
How to Find Us
Thailand is open, although not like the old normal. Here at Hydronauts we feel things will be back to as near normal very soon. Our beautiful island of Koh Tao has been welcoming visitors for many months now, and as it stands very little restrictions on arriving. If you are thinking about visiting us and looking for the latest info then please do not hesitate and contact us @ email@example.com
Roving around Thailand is super easy, with many different forms and relatively cheap. Depending on where you visit it will generally require the use of taxi’s, buses, speedboats and of course the legendary tuk tuk. For more detailed information visit our friends @ Nomadasurus here you will find all the information and advice you will need exploring the amazing thailand.
The only way to get to our beautiful little island is by boat, either by high speed Catamaran, speed boat or by overnight ferry. These can be caught on our neighbouring islands of Koh Phagnan or Koh Samui or indeed the mainland such as Chumpon or Surrathani. For the most up-to-date ferry and night boat schedules please do not hesitate to contact us, using the information as below.
Here on Koh Tao we have all standards of accommodation ranging from nice dormitories to high end resorts, with price ranges to match. please feel free to contact us and we would only be too happy to advice and indeed assist with your accommodation needs whilst you stay on our small island diamond.